Thursday, January 30, 2014

Oh, the PLACES I’ve been! #41–Sew Fine

Liberty Of London
Liberty of London is like no other department store.  Liberty was a definite stop for me on my trip to London. I so miss the days when there was a tiny shop in New York.

Material at Liberty
While here in the states, sewing departments are far and few between, at Liberty of London such a department is elevated to an art form.
Material at Liberty (9)
Just follow the foot prints to…
Material at Liberty (4)
a world of gorgeous fabric.
Material at Liberty (3)
As Liberty describes it “From intricate florals to dreams in Art Nouveau, the Liberty Art Fabrics Classics collection is unrivalled and timeless.”
Material at Liberty (11)
“Featuring inspiration from the extensive archive and best-loved seasonal colours,…”
Material at Liberty (2)
“…our edit brings together prints that have stood the test of time and become intrinsically linked to the Liberty brand.”
Material at Liberty (12)
I know that once upon a time Mr. Scaper had a Liberty tie in a pattern very similar to that last blue floral.
Material at Liberty (5)













While I was familiar with their material, I wasn’t with their notions.
Material at Liberty (7)
Their packaging…

Material at Liberty (8)

…is outstanding.
Material at Liberty (13)
I was so caught up in how they displayed things…
Material at Liberty (14)
…it wasn’t until I got home and looked at my photos did I realize what the was contents. Talk about packaging!
Material at Liberty (6)
As I write this post, I am reminded that I did bring home a sliver of material that I have yet to use. As I’m sure you can imagine, all of this beauty comes with quite a hefty price tag, so alas, it is only a sliver. I’ll have to put my thinking cap on to see what I come up with.
So, where have you been?


- The Tablescaper

13 comments:

Jojo said...

Ribbon stars! I love it!!!

Jacqueline said...

What a delightful place. This is definitely someplace I would want to visit in London. I agree, the displays are fabulous. What a fun way to show off the ribons and notions and I adore the footsteps!

thepaintedapron.com said...

What a fabulous place to shop! I would go crazy! Lovin those toad spools!
Jenna

Jill Harrison said...

oh glorious - what am amazing place! I would be in dream world. I have always loved fabric and notins stores. Alas I have little time to sew these days. One day I will get back to it.
Have a wonderful weekend, and thank you for hosting.

Bernideen said...

I am amazed at the selections! Thanks for sharing this!

Mary @ The World Is A Book said...

This makes me wish I knew how to sew. Those fabrics are just beautiful!

Phyllis @Around the House said...

I enjoyed the post so much, just amazing how the items were packaged for sale, just a feast for the eyes, why don't we have that, it makes sewing and creating seem so much more glamerous andfun...loved the post

Sylvia said...

Thank you for introducing me this delightful store! Those fabrics are fantastic! I would love to share with your readers some thoughts and photos from our recent trip to Panama. Thank you for having me.

The Victorian Girl said...

Those are really fine quality fabrics. I wonder how much they are selling for per yard now. I would have to buy some ribbon just to get the great packaging.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Wonderful post, Alama! The fabrics
for sale were so beautiful and the notions were unique.

I seem to have trouble leaving a comment on your blog after I link up. Gla dit worked tonight!

Sarah said...

I haven't been to London in years, but have fond memories of shopping at Liberty's beautiful store. Thanks for sharing this fun visit.

sweet violets said...

OMGosh.....love all that packaging!!! Very clever......

Ann Krucek said...

I am in LOVE with a place I have never even been too thanks to you!! I will have to put this on my Bucket List now!! We hope to go to London at some point in our lives, but now will have to be more specific and and add Liberty of London. I never would have known about this quaint place had you not shared it!