Click photo to see this WEEK'S TABLESCAPE.

Catch up on recent happenings at The Tablescaper

Monday, February 17, 2014

Chocolate Helps!

Chocolate Fountain01

This winter needs help. Chocolate helps!

Chocolate Fountain12

A chocolate bar can have many dippers.

Chocolate Fountain10

It can be difficult to choose.

Chocolate Fountain02

Marshmallows are delicious when dipped in chocolate.

Chocolate Fountain05

As is a piece of cake or even a little donut.

Chocolate Fountain04

Strawberries are always spectacular.

Chocolate Fountain03

The sprinkling of salt upon a pretzel is delicious dipped in chocolate.

Chocolate Fountain15

And of course there is the divine chocolate itself.

Chocolate Fountain08

A mug of hot cocoa…

Chocolate Fountain14

…makes everything better.

Chocolate Fountain06

We’ve had so many cold and snowy days this winter, it’s hard to count.

Chocolate Fountain11

So why not make the best of it?

Chocolate Fountain13

As regular readers know, I regularly have festive candy out depending upon the season. Perhaps because candy is a common commodity in my household, it has lost it’s novelty so I frequently have leftovers. I gather up the remaining chocolate bunnies or Santas and pop them in the frig to have chocolate at the ready. Melted pure milk chocolate can be a little rich by itself, so I often add a couple of bittersweet morsels. There’s always a bag of bittersweet morsels in my freezer for chocolate chip pancakes!

Chocolate Fountain09

I’m partying at: Wow Us Wednesdays; Wednesday’s Adorned from Above; Home and Garden Thursday; Home Sweet Home; Bloom Designs; Tablescape Thursday; Simple and Sweet Fridays; Be Inspired; Feather Your Nest Friday; Fabulously Creative Friday; Show and Tell Friday; Make it Pretty Monday; Twirl and Take a Bow.

- The Tablescaper

15 comments:

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I love your 'Candy festivity' dear Alma, specially the buffet table with the chocolate fountain. The dishes are adorable and also the sweet snowmen for decor. I love hot choc. and this is the best time to drink a big mug with the hot beverage! Thank you so much for the lovely comment on my teapot collection. Maybe it'll be great to have a 'collection party' Seasonal Sunday, so we can all share and admire each others collections. Have a wonderful week Alma.
FABBY

Linda P said...

chocolate bars are so much fun. We just had another large party and had many stations. I also featured a chocolate fountain. Love your cute accessories and labels. I am sure your guests absolutely loved it.

Marigene said...

I think a little chocolate could even chase the winter blues away!

Deborah Montgomery said...

Oh, yummy! this looks like so much fun!

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

I want to come party at YOUR house!!! OMgoodness, chocolate HEAVEN!!!

Alycia Nichols said...

This weather is going to have to change soon; otherwise we'll all have to hire a crane to get us out come Spring!!! Chocolate-dipped EVERYTHING!!! That's definitely a way to feel loved and warm and safe from the storm in my book! I don't eat eat it, but I feed it to my husband regularly to keep him docile! :-) :-) :-)

This is a beautiful setup, and you posted dippers I never thought of like donuts. Mmmmm...donuts!!!

Stay warm, and I hope that weather headed your way falls apart before it gets there!

Unknown said...

Doesn't chocolate make everything better? Yes!!
Which chocolate fountain did you use and how would you rate it?
Any tips?
Thanks,Dee

Sarah said...

Oh, I'd like to make a stop at your chocolate bar tonight. There is no chocolate in our house at the moment……can you believe it?
My sister has a chocolate fountain and uses it frequently. Great idea!

Denise said...

Oh my gosh, Alma, this is so awesome! I love everything about your chocolate buffet!! The snowmen are so cute and so are the little skewers. They add just the right amount of color to brighten up the drab winter day.

Boy do I feel silly, but I have not seen these small chocolate fountains. I've only seen the large ones in chocolate shops. What a great idea! I'll be checking for these on the internet now. :)

Thanks for sharing -- hope you have a great day.

XO,

Denise at Forest Manor

Katherines Corner said...

oh my goodness this is chocolate heaven. Hugs P.S. I miss you at the hop

Kathleen said...

Such a SWEET set up. Wonderful for the weather we are having again today. Thinking green!

thepaintedapron.com said...

I think chocolate can pretty much make anything better! I love your strawberry snowman basket bowl, adorable!
Jenna

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh yeah, chocolate does help. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Cathy said...

I have been craving CHOCOLATE can I come and visit. Luv all the snowman I really like the drink dispenser.
I am sure you had a great time.
Cathy's Cupboard Calamity <:)

The Charm of Home said...

What a yummy set up.
Sherry