Click photo to see this WEEK'S TABLESCAPE.

Catch up on recent happenings at The Tablescaper

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Oh, the PLACES I’ve been! # 45–Bronx Zoo

words
Truth be told, I am done with winter and want spring to come!

Bronx Zoo1
I’ve recently posted about warm places like Bermuda and San Francisco, but honestly I just want spring to come here, to New York.
Bronx Zoo6
I got to thinking about one of my favorite things to do in the spring…
Bronx Zoo3
…to visit the Bronx Zoo.
Bronx Zoo2
The Bronx Zoo is the world’s largest urban zoo and features more than 600 species from around the globe. It is amazing how close you can be to these marvelous creatures.
Bronx Zoo5
I have always enjoyed visiting with my family.
Bronx Zoo7
It seems, regardless of your age, there is something interesting for all. They just don’t look real, do they?
Bronx Zoo4
Please excuse the poor quality of this shot, but I love the positioning and just had to share it.
You can learn more about the Bronx Zoo at: http://www.bronxzoo.com/
As this long winter drags on, where are you traveling to? Perhaps it’s from the comfort of your armchair.



- The Tablescaper

8 comments:

Mary @ The World Is A Book said...

Zoos are such great places to visit. Love all the animals you featured here. Wishing Spring will come your way soon.

Kathy Moreland said...

Such beautiful photographs. Love the peacock most!! Such gorgeous creatures!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

What beautiful photos of the animals! I loved going to the Bronx zoo when i lived in NYC--such a wonderful place to spend the day!

Lady of the Manor said...

Your photos are fantastic, especially this peacock!! Thanks for hosting!

Lulu said...

I haven't been to the Bronx Zoo in many a year, but I know why you like it. In a couple of weeks, I'm taking the grands to the San Diego Zoo which will be a treat.

Michele {Malaysian Meanders} said...

I do like that giraffe pose. It looks like someone arranged them that way.

eileeninmd said...

Nice zoo! I love seeing the animals like the lions and giraffes. And the peacock is beautiful. Thanks for hosting and sharing your zoo visit. Have a happy weekend!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Oh, dear blogging friend, looks like we got one more storm to weather. Enjoyed seeing your zoo photos.